General Terms and Conditions
- Mission and Purpose: With more than 300 Ambassadors from about 56 different countries around the world, COMinG can certainly be considered an International Association of Academics and Researchers from all over the world. Our mission and purpose is to facilitate fruitful communication! Starting by the academic community, as education can ameliorate our lives, we organize international events that permits to academics from all over the world, communicate, meet each other, exchange, create projects and also, have a wonderful time. Professionals and individuals with the same vision, are more than welcome to participate and become Academic Members.
- Membership: Membership to COMinG’s community of scholars is open to all Educators and Researchers from all over the world. Our conference participants have a priority to become our Academic Members and Ambassadors, as they have the opportunity to see what we do and how we do it. Please take a look at our actual Academic Members.
- Collaborations: We encourage research collaborations among our academic members, but we do not actively get involved in organizing these activities/projects. This is usually agreed between members themselves during our annual events.
- Events: Our events (conferences, public debates, public discussions, roundtable discussions) are small gatherings of academics (about 50-70), as our purpose is to promote communication. We believe that bigger events do not give us the possibility to exchange, for obvious reasons (you get lost in the crowd).
- Waive of fees: COMinG is a nonprofit-nongovernment International association of Academics and Researchers. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any financial assistance, including fee waiving or/and reduction. Normally, it is the presenters’ institutions, or other possible sponsors, that provide the funding.
- Visa requirements: Academics who come from countries which require a visa to enter Greece, please apply as early as possible because in many cases visa issuing takes a long time. It is up to each participant to make the necessary for obtaining a visa. The issuing of a visa can, in many cases, take a long period of time. Each participant makes his/her own demarches. We only provide, if the proposal (abstract, poster etc.) is accepted, the Acceptance Letter to the future possible participant. Only when the registration fee payment is made the individual can be considered an actual conference participant.
- Registration Fee. Participants should pay their registration fee prior to their arrival at the conference venue. They are also advised to have a copy of their payment slip during their registration at the conference (arriving at the registration desk); just in case there is a need to show proof of the payment on their arrival. This fee covers costs already occurred and is not refundable. The registration fee is not transferable to any other person. Participants can receive a receipt at the conference reception desk. They can ask for it at the first day of the conference.
- Refund. Social Events payment receives a full refund in case there is a written notice at least 40 days before the event. Nevertheless, participants should make sure they receive an acknowledgement of their cancellation, to confirm that their request has been received and processed.
- Cancelation: Communication Institute of Greece reserves the right to cancel any conference up to one month before its start date at the latest. In this case, there will be a full refund of the registration fees and other costs paid directly to the institute. The institute is not responsible for any other costs incurred (eg. transport, hotels etc.).
- VAT: Unless otherwise stated all prices are marked in euro, including Value Added Tax (VAT).Greek VAT will be applied when applicable.
- Legislative system: All the conferences of the Communication Institute of Greece are under the Greek legislative system. Any legal action will be heard by the Greek law.
- The role of the organizing committee. The members of the conference organizing committee role, is first of all to promote the conference in their own environment (university, collaborators, country, etc.). Then they can participate, propose and be the chairs of a special conference session. Finally they can review the papers submitted for publication.
- Damages or loss: The Communication Institute of Greece will not accept liability for damages or loss of any nature sustained by delegates or accompanying persons. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Institute accepts no responsibility for loss of monies incurred by delegates. Delegates should make their own arrangements with respect to personal insurance, along with travel insurance.
- Healthcare: The Institute is not responsible for the conferences participants’ healthcare services. We strongly recommend our participants to take comprehensive medical and travel insurance, in case they consider this is important for them. COMinG accept no responsibility of any nature whatsoever for personal injury, death, loss or damage to property or participants however caused or arising.
- Personal data. Your name and address details including emails will be part of the institutes Group Database for our mailing purposes only. These details will not be passed on to third parties, except for the necessary provision of services for Communication Institute of Greece. You have the right to access and modify this data.
- Intellectual property: All intellectual property is protected by Greek, European and International Law. This covers conference materials, the institute’s website, publicity, and marketing materials.
The above policies may change without prior notification and they are thereafter applied immediately to all pending processes without exception. Our administration staff is responsible for adhering to these policies, and for following through with their application. This is not the responsibility of the academic members who are involved with the organization of our conferences.
In case you have any inquiries, suggestions or need further information please send us an email at email@example.com Thank you for taking part in what our academic community would like to create: place for communication, education, cooperation, exchange, knowledge.