General Terms and Conditions
- Mission and Purpose: With more than 300 Ambassadors from about 56 different countries around the world, the Communication Institute of Greece (COMinG) is an International Association of Academics and Researchers from all over the world. The association has for mission and purpose to facilitate fruitful communication, promote education and research among its members and academics, researchers, and professionals from all over the world. Starting with our academic community (members and ambassadors), we truly believe that education can ameliorate our lives. We aim to permit academic interaction, promoting research, not only via our academic meetings but also via our academic journal, JEICOM, international collaborations with other academic journals like JALT and universities around the world. Professionals and individuals with the same vision, are more than welcome to participate and become our members and ambassadors.
- Membership: Membership to COMinG’s community of scholars is open to all educators, researchers, and professionals from all over the world. Our conference participants can become our Academic Members and Ambassadors, without any additional fee, since the registration fee covers the membership fee (needs board’s approval).
- Collaborations: We encourage research collaborations among our academic members, but we do not actively get involved in organizing these activities/projects. This is usually agreed upon between members themselves during our annual events.
- Events: Our events (conferences, public debates, public discussions, roundtable discussions) are small gatherings of academics (about 50-70), as our purpose is to promote communication, exchange, and collaboration.
- Waive of fees: COMinG is a nonprofit-nongovernment association of Academics and Researchers. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any financial assistance, including fee waiving or/and reduction. Normally, it is the presenters’ institutions, or other possible sponsors, that provide the funding.
- Visa requirements: Academics who come from countries that require a visa to enter Greece, please apply as early as possible because in many cases visa-issuing takes a long time. It is up to each participant to make the necessary arrangements for obtaining a visa. We only provide, if the proposal of the participants is accepted (abstract, poster, etc.), the Acceptance Letter to the future possible participant. Only when the registration fee payment is made the individual is considered an actual conference participant.
- Registration Fee. Participants should pay their registration fee prior to their arrival at the conference venue. They are also advised to have a copy of their payment slip during their registration at the conference (arriving at the registration desk); just in case there is a need to show proof of the payment on their arrival. This fee covers costs that already occurred and is not refundable. Additionally, the registration fee is not transferable to any other person. The receipt is issued the moment participants pay their fee. They can ask to have it by email or receive it at the conference reception desk on the first day of the conference.
- Rights and Responsibilities (1): The Communication Institute of Greece reserves the right to cancel any conference up to one week before its start date. In this case, there is a refund of the expenses paid directly to the institute to the participants. Until this date COMinG has never canceled an event, due to its responsibility.
- Rights and Responsibilities (2): COMinG will not be responsible for any loss due to a major situation and any circumstances beyond its reasonable control (earthquake, war, fire, severe weather conditions, failure of power, labor problems, global epidemic, and generally any situation that would put the lives of the participants in danger). Additionally, any damage resulted from decisions/laws/other, by any foreign government, university, or agency should be compensated by this same authority. The institute is not responsible for any other costs incurred (e.g. transport, hotels, etc. αγγλικα online). Nevertheless, we do recommend, that participants purchase travel insurance for their trip expenses. In any of the cases mentioned above, COMinG bears no responsibility and as a result, it is not liable for any monetary compensation to the conference participant
- VAT: Unless otherwise stated all prices are marked in euro, including Value Added Tax (VAT).Greek VAT will be applied when applicable.
- Legislative system: All the conferences of the Communication Institute of Greece are under the Greek legislative system. Any legal action will be heard by Greek law.
- The role of the organizing committee. The conference’s organizing committee role is first of all to promote the conference in their own environment (university, collaborators, country, etc.). Then they can participate, propose and be the chairs of a special conference session. Finally, they can review the papers submitted for publication.
- Damages or loss: The Communication Institute of Greece will not accept liability for damages or loss of any nature sustained by delegates or accompanying persons. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Institute accepts no responsibility for loss of monies incurred by delegates. Delegates should make their own arrangements with respect to personal insurance, along with travel insurance.
- Healthcare: The Institute is not responsible for the conference participants’ healthcare services. We strongly recommend our participants to take comprehensive medical and travel insurance, in case they consider this is important for them. COMinG accepts no responsibility of any nature whatsoever for personal injury, death, loss, or damage to property or participants however caused or arising.
- Personal data. Your name and address details including emails will be part of the institute’s Group Database for our mailing purposes only. These details will not be passed on to third parties, except for the necessary provision of services for the Communication Institute of Greece. You have the right to access and modify this data.
- Intellectual property: All intellectual property is protected by Greek, European, and International Law. This covers conference materials, the institute’s website, publicity, and marketing materials.
The above policies may change without prior notification and they are thereafter applied immediately to all pending processes without exception. Our administration staff is responsible for adhering to these policies, and for following through with their application. This is not the responsibility of the academic members who are involved with the organization of our conferences.
In case you have any inquiries, suggestions, or need further information please send us an email at email@example.com Thank you for taking part in what our academic community would like to create: a place for communication, education, cooperation, exchange, knowledge, and action!