General Terms and Conditions for the Institutes conferences and events participants
In submitting a registration form conference participants agree to respect the following terms and conditions:
- Registration Fee. Participants should pay their registration fee prior to their arrival at the conference venue. They are also advised to have a copy of their payment slip during their registration at the conference (arriving at the registration desk); just in case there is a need to show proof of the payment on their arrival. This fee covers costs already occurred and is not refundable. The registration fee is not transferable to any other person.
- The role of the organizing committee. The members of the conference organizing committee role, is first of all to promote the conference in their own environment (university, collaborators, country, etc.). Then they can participate, propose and be the chairs of a special conference session. Finally they can participate in the process of reviewing the papers submitted for publication.
- Visa requirements. Academics who come from countries which require visa to enter Greece, please apply as early as possible because in many cases visa issuing takes a long time. It is up to each participant to make the necessary for obtaining a visa.
- VAT. Unless otherwise stated all prices are marked in euro, including Value Added Tax (VAT).Greek VAT will be applied when applicable.
- Legislative system. All the conferences of the Communication Institute of Greece are under the Greek legislative system. Any legal action will be heard by the Greek law.
- Information. Communication Institute of Greece, a non-profit academic institute, endeavours to offer complete and accurate information, declining all responsibility in case of damage suffered by participants, or any other person or entity, due to the exploitation of inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Cancelation. Communication Institute of Greece reserves the right to cancel any conference up to one month before its start date at the latest. In this case there will be a full refund of the registration fees and other costs paid directly to the institute. The institute is not responsible for any other costs incurred (eg. transport, hotels etc).
- Refund. Social Events payment receives a full refund in case there is a written notice at least 20 days before the event. Nevertheless, participants should make sure they receive an acknowledgement of their cancellation, to confirm that their request has been received and processed.
- Damages or loss. The Communication Institute of Greece will not accept liability for damages or loss of any nature sustained by delegates or accompanying persons. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Institute accepts no responsibility for loss of monies incurred by delegates. Delegates should make their own arrangements with respect to personal insurance, along with travel insurance.
- Healthcare. The Institute is not responsible for the conferences participants’ healthcare services. We strongly recommend our participants to take comprehensive medical and travel insurance, in case they consider this is important for them. COM.IN.G. accept no responsibility of any nature whatsoever for personal injury, death, loss or damage to property or participants however caused or arising.
- Personal data. Your name and address details including emails will be part of the institutes Group Database for our mailing purposes only. These details will not be passed on to third parties, except for necessary provision of services for Communication Institute of Greece. You have the right to access and modify this data.
- Intellectual property. All intellectual property is protected by Greek, European and International Law. This covers conference materials, the institute’s website, publicity and marketing materials.
In case you have any inquiries, suggestions or need further information please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org